Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pictures

Somehow I got
from girlhood to gray
with barely a scrap
of booking.

I forbid my photo taken,
despite being very good looking.

But now that I'm old,
I'd sell my soul
for a camera's flash
in my eyes.

At my age,
every picture of me
shows my insides!

A note: After a recent medical procedure, I was given a set of glossy, color photos of my . . . innards. Can anybody tell me what I'm supposed to do with these?  Christmas cards, maybe?  WTF?

On a slightly less disgusting note, I have a new poem up at The Five-Two.  Check it out!

For Words Count at Real Toads

11 comments:

Jim said...

I have some too. I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.
..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I avoid the camera as well. Ironic that your recent pictures are of your innards. This made me smile.........your published poem is wonderful, too!

Rommy said...

I actually think a Holiday card from those would be seriously cool! But I'm an oddball that way.

Marian said...

Haha! And they are always saying mama should be in the picture.

Kerry O'Connor said...

The nonsense rhyme form is very apt in a poem that makes a lot of sense to me.

Kim Russell said...

Sounds familiar!

brudberg said...

They always say that it's the inside that counts... but you make me less sure now.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Welcome to my world. I might have to make a scrapbook to show to unwanted visitors.

paulscribbles said...

I have never ever in my life stooped to this level of comment before but....eewwwwwww!!!!

telltaletherapy said...

Beautifully honest - am sure the camera lies though

grapeling said...

i dunno, you seem pretty scrappy to me ~