Thursday, November 3, 2016

Down The Rabid Hole

A novel-tea party.
All is down the rabid hole.
Eat me.
Drink me.
Like me - go
and vote.

Bloated heads swim through crocodile tears 
to drought facts and fan fears;
hacking circular paths for a cock/ass race 
that no one wins but Koch.

The Pantsuit Queen is sane enough,
but breeds scandals like White House rabbits.
Years of questionable habits
wiki-leaking like Russian rain.

While the Mad Hater with the wild March Hair
dares us to do our worst.
Where there's bigger walls, there's smaller hearts -
he's a whiny little . . . curse.

Is there no haven from this writhing mess?
Time is punishing us all, I guess.
I'm tired of all this riddling
and fiddling while we burn.

I can't eat this shit and call it cake.
I don't like the smell; I don't like the taste.
This is the dumbest party ever.
God, won't we ever learn?

13 comments:

Margaret said...

rabid hole, drought facts an fan fears, wild march hair :) ... riddling and fiddling indeed! God help us whoever is the "victor"....

I honestly think this is post-worthy and can be linked to the challenge... I wasn't offended at all.

Margaret said...

...and my being offended isn't the point - it's OK if I am. It's about the poetic voice and does it make me think and feel...

Nebraska said...

Damn this is good. I LOVE that last stanza. You have such a spicy-sharp tongue. I can't get enough of it.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You are a wizard with words, and I so admire the dexterity with which you strung these words. I am not sure if I can post my response to the prompt.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

You did something wonderful here - you made the topical dross into gold. Let's all remember that we're in this thing together. Thanks.

angieinspired said...

pretty much my sentiments exactly. democracy

angieinspired said...

you should link this

grapeling said...

yeah, please link up. pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

but even if not, thanks for the response.

ever feel like it's AD 27, the end of the Roman Republic, and beginning of Empire, with Augustus Caesar?

Czar is a derivative of caesar, of course.

I hope our kids get to see the other end of this sh*t hole we've dug. ~

Kerry O'Connor said...

For me, this is the most accurate description of both parties that I have read. And it sums up the entire dilemma, when one is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

brudberg said...

I have to say that this is not offensive at all.. (though for me the choice would have been easy...)

Fireblossom said...

You tell'em, MZ!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Had to read this again and admire the wizardry. Love the March Hair, lol. I wonder what we will be feeling and writing on November 9th. Frightening.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It is astonishing to me how little we have heard, how the media does not cover, Jill Stein. I just read that the electoral debates are controlled by Democratic and Republican parties, so only their people get to speak. Democracy?????????