Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stars

I will write my love in stars;
let every letter burn and fall
bright - my wishes where you are.

My want is strong enough by far
to shrink the world between us small.
I will write my love in stars.

Need is wild within my heart,
beating thunder at the walls
tonight - my wishes where you are.

I love with every piece and part;
my skin, my cells - you have it all.
I will write my love in stars.

So let a longing for me start.
A want, a need, a love; call -
don't fight - my wishes where you are.

I'll split the earth that keeps us apart
if you give me any hope at all.
I will write my love in stars -
light - my wishes where you are.

For the Tuesday Platform at Real Toads

Thank you for all the good wishes for my husband.  He's recovering, but he's pretty miserable (I'll have to recover from his recovery!).

If you're interested, I have some poems featured at Sick Lit Magazine.  Check them out and let me know what you think!

10 comments:

p.s. said...

Wow. This is very powerful.

These are my favorite lines:

"I will write my love in stars;
let every letter burn and fall"

"My want is strong enough by far
to shrink the world between us small."

"Need is wild within my heart,
beating thunder at the walls"

Fireblossom said...

That's just gorgeous. Wow, Kel.

Your linked poems now have a link on my Facebook timeline. :-)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"I will write my love in stars"....so gorgeous, Kelli. Love the poems that were published too, especially Rain, my favourite.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Absolutely beautiful, my friend. Here's to a speedy recovery for all involved.

Jim said...

Some star gazing is definitely in order here. Plus watching for falling stars would help too. Just hope they don't get put in a jar.
..

Susie Clevenger said...

So beautiful...I wish your husband a speedy recovery. Oh, and I know too well "recovering from his recovery."

Sioux said...

I loved the repeating lines. And as far as your poems, this was sooo long.

Yeah, that stuff about women being the weaker sex is a bunch of hooey. Men fall apart over even the sniffles.

Once your hubby is well, perhaps you need to take a weekend retreat to recuperate?


Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Love the SickLit poems – and love this lovely villanelle also. I hope that writing it eased your anxiety.

Marian said...

Ahhhh... the repetition really works here. Whatever form this is, I am not brave enough to try it and am impressed.
Husbands recuperating, story of my summer too! Geez. Be well :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

As I was reading, i realized you had written a villanelle and I was so excited! I couldn't wait fo rthe final stanza then went back to read it all again. I love the repeating lines and how well they come together at the end.