Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Moon In Virgo

1.  I will sweep
     the sky of stragglers and tidy
     all the v's of geese
     flying south.
     I'll close the gaps
     in the formations with clouds;
     stratus, or something pleasing
     to the earthbound.

2.  Math, muse, or magic,
     I'll use them all
     to finally find
     the fine line
     between partly cloudy
     and mostly sunny.
     Scattered showers will be strictly prohibited.

3.  Birds will be assigned sections -
     an orchestra
     of ornithology.
     Robins in the redbud.
     Mockingbirds in the mulberry.
     Owls in the oak.

4.  Neighborhood dogs will experience chronic constipation
     near my poorly thrown newspaper.
     The Asian lady three doors down
     will restrain her toddlers from playing in my driveway
     directly behind my SUV during carpool hours.
     Coffee will stay hot and fresh indefinitely.

5.  Okay.  Good morning.

Some compound words for Kerry at Real Toads.  From the list: newspaper, driveway, carpool, and probably some others.

16 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous..!!!

Ellecee said...

wonderful! Would that we could,,,

Debi Swim said...

I LOVE number three esp. and 'Coffee will stay hot and fresh indefinitely.'

Marian said...

You have use for math! I must tell my children. :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

My moon is in Virgo, so I shall take this poem as a keepsake (and to remind myself that I am not alone in my desire to sweep the sky of stragglers).

Such a delight to read this view of the day.

brudberg said...

This is just the way to perfect a morning... I can see the bird orchestra in perfection.

Margaret said...

spellbound. As I often am here....

De said...

The tone of this DELIGHTS me.
Love this, especially:
"tidy
all the v's of geese"

Though stanza 2 is by far my favorite.
Seriously wowed and tickled pink by this. Reading again now...

Magaly Guerrero said...

This is the best horoscope reading I've ever seen. What an eye for the things that matter to all. And yes, I'm so glad "Scattered showers will be strictly prohibited." They should know better.

This made me giggle (and, perhaps, cackle) a few times. ;-D

Sherry Blue Sky said...

LOL. In a perfect world.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I particularly like the assignment of the birds. And the pronouncement about coffee should immediately become law.

Fireblossom said...

Lord help us.

Hannah said...

I love your tone!! #3! Yes.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh I love this...especially the second one. I love the order of your world.

grapeling said...

and good evening ~

hedgewitch said...

Bringing order down like a lightning bolt upon chaos is always a full-time job, starting with the muggy dawn and never over--here you give us a sense of frenetically energetic weariness, as well as humor and resilience--the list format works really well here too. I especially like the lyric opening stanzas.