Thursday, January 7, 2016

Shapeshift

I leapt nimbly like a deer
through January's frozen drear
to find that February's here,
but you're not.

So I hibernate like a wounded bear;
don't wash or eat until I scare
my friends.  They say I shouldn't care -
you weren't THAT hot.

Come March, I finally stretch, yawn;
and wake with aching hands and gums.
My claws are back and my teeth have come,
strong and sharp.

I'm a big, bad cat, and April's cruel.
What you did to me, I hear she did to you.
I've eight lives left, and, now, you're the fool
with the shredded heart.

For Marian's prompt at Real Toads

17 comments:

Gail said...

I am impressed.

Debi Swim said...

Love it. Glad he got what he gave

Sylvia K said...

Oh, you did make my day and I do love it!! Have a terrific weekend, MZ!!!

Marion said...

Oh, karma, you beautiful bitch! Love it, MZ! xo

Sioux said...

I hope that karma keeps taking bites out of him...

Fireblossom said...

As "Hats Off To Larry" plays in the background...

What goes around comes around and every (cat) has her day!

Outlawyer said...

OH dear, I'm almost feeling sorry for perpetrator--wonderful rhyming and rhythms. k.

Kerry O'Connor said...

This rings so true. I know I have had similar periods of deep hibernation in my life and emerged stronger.

grapeling said...

brilliant. as ever ~

Marian said...

What's that? That's a flower.
Love this. I think I'm starting to dig your rhyming poems the most!
He wasn't THAT hot, get over it! Hah.

brudberg said...

As tables turns the feline always come out on top...

Carol Campbell said...

Justice!

Marcoantonio Arellano said...

this is a wonderfully penned script of resilience

gracias

howanxious said...

That's fiery. Very well penned. :-)
-HA

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love the sharp claws! And adored this poem.

Margaret said...

Spit spot perfect! (was listening to Mary Poppins in the car today :) Really, such wise use of words - you never fail to please.

Helen said...

Oh yes, eight lives left to wreak all manner of havoc!