Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Dust Motes Danced

Dust motes danced the light
in Ms. Carter's third grade glass;
companions to the giggles
when Ms. Carter turned to ask

me if I had anything
for the annual talent show.
I squirmed with horror in my seat,
but no stuck in my throat.

Shy and shocked, I nodded
and slowly found my feet.
Then with hands clenched tight in terror,
I began to sing.

God's love is like a circle,
my voice rang sweet and sure.
Always I will walk with him -
every note was pure.

When my song was finished,
all the girls and boys
stared at me with awe-filled eyes,
and I discovered joy.

For Midweek Motif ~ Joy at Poets United

18 comments:

purba chakraborty said...

"God's love is like a circle,
my voice rang sweet and sure.
Always I will walk with him -
every note was pure." ~ Loved these lines. A great read :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is absolutely wonderful. How brave!!!!! Love the awed admiration in the children's eyes. Wow!

Susan said...

I LOVE this. Honestly, going up against fear can lead to the best of its opposite! I hope it's true, if not for you, for someone.

Fireblossom said...

Sing it girl. let me hear ya!

Ellie J said...

Can you still sing, Kelli? And do you? Maybe you can answer in the next poem.

thotpurge said...

The sense of accomplishment and overcoming fear.. indeed!!

Mary said...

Wow, this is so very, very touching! Yup - joy!

Sylvia K said...

Ah, sing it indeed, my friend!!! And thank you -- I needed this today!! Have a beautiful tomorrow!!

N.s.k. warnakulasooriya said...

yes you discovered joy
nice write dear
good luck
(http://imagtalks.blogspot.com)

Oman said...

Happy New Year. Hope you have a great one.

Rob Jackson said...

Overcome, soar, and feel joy. Thanks and have a great 2016.

Jae Rose said...

I love the rhythm in this - the story - makes it feel all the more concrete and assured :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

What an amazing moment. Ms Carter did a good thing that day.
:)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a touching poem :) made me smile.

vanderloost said...

Wow! A story with a message!

grapeling said...

felt that clutch of fear. damn. ~

Amit Agarwal said...

Oh yes, indeed! Lovely poem!

Daneshwari Mirji said...

Amazing!
Loved reading it :)