Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Poetry News

If I read the news,
I'd blues my way through
the shootings and senators.
Delta stomp the drug busts.
Holler the house fire on 44th and Vine.

Weather time,
I'd go for couplets.

sunny
and hot

allergy
and ozone.

hell fire
and brimstone

on the 7 day.  Back to you, Benny.

Sports -
haikued short.

Everybody
is winning this game, but  you
and you and you and

That should cover business, too,

and leave plenty of time
for human interest

if there is any.

For The Tuesday Platform at Real Toads

12 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is how I feel about the news, too. But I keep watching, anxiously, regardless. I love the idea of leaving time for human interest "if there is any". LOL.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

That is a very concise summary of this morning's news! Did I sleep through the commercials?

~Tatius T. Darksong~ said...

Every fifteen minutes a repeat of the repeat and you walk away thinking is that all.

brudberg said...

News are pretty predictable... so I skip to the essays and the literature pages... the commenting and the analysis take some time... but maybe that's a human interest.

Carol Campbell said...

News can be depressing not to mention untrue!

Fireblossom said...

I want the obligatory cute animal puff piece!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

That would make a nice change!

Marian said...

Everybody but you! Excellent.

Sylvia K said...

You are the best and the only way I like to start my day any more!! Yep, Everybody but you indeed!!

pviljoen said...

I've stopped watching television on account of this. I get a copy of one of our papers in my inbox and scroll through and read what I like and that only sometimes. One has to stay informed though. Well written. A bit of satire.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Thank you for the small - please accept this long distance virtual hug and kiss. This made me happy - on a really terrible day.

Rommy said...

Damn. A wonderful slap in the face to the way media is handled. Beautifully brutal.