Thursday, July 30, 2015

Starbucks



Starbucks, Starbucks;
why don't we go to Starbucks?
They write your name right on your cup,
and I won't have to explain

that though I'm pretty good with faces
and we've shared our private places -
groomed and roomed in each other's spaces -
I can't recall your name.

So . . . 

Starbucks, Starbucks;
let's just go to Starbucks.
They'll write names on both our cups
and spare us both some shame.

Inspired by the Dustin cartoon in today's paper and submitted to Marian's prompt at Real Toads.

11 comments:

Gail said...

I like your humor and your talent.

Sylvia K said...

Ah, just the laugh I needed on this 100+ degree day!! I could swear that I'm back in Texas!!

Margaret said...

Had to share this on my FB page!!! Clever, clever ... you always amaze.

Marian said...

See THIS is a real strategy! Thank you! :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

LOL. Good one!

Marion Lawless said...

Great ditty. It's got a beat & you can dance to it. :-) They NEVER get my name right when I go to Starbucks. C'est la vie! xo

Fireblossom said...

Good old whatsername, always writes the coolest poems! :-P

Kerry O'Connor said...

Oh, this is brilliant! You had me smiling all the way through.

Lolamouse said...

Perfect! I love the photo, and your poem fit to a "T."

grapeling said...

"Mulva?"

You know, from Seinfeld... ~

angieinspired said...

Sluts live longer. So I've heard. Name it and claim it. Though nobody wants to do either.