Friday, December 12, 2014

Ekphrasis

 
 
It's been a week since my last poem.
I have a picture of a pretty pink lake.
I'm thinking of cheerleaders
 
and full immersion baptism.
Cotton candy choirs and bubble
breasts breaking the surface
 
like Cold War submarines . . .
. . . giant stomach shaped holes
full of Pepto Bismol.
 
Meccas for the mildly
nauseated . . . puddles
of prehistoric piss
 
left by the last
pink elephant . . . a bulimic
Disney princess riding a unicorn
 
in a blender . . .
It's been a week
since my last poem.
 
I have a picture of a pretty pink lake.
 
I'm thinking.
 
For Hannah's prompt at Real Toads

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, no one does it/says it better, MZ!! Thanks for the grins and giggles to start my Friday! Have a great weekend!!

Gillena Cox said...

The pin lake surely tickled your muse

Have a nice Friday

Much love...

Helen said...

~~ and a very Merry Christmas to you!!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh how I love this! I wish my brain would cough up such nuggets. When I try to Think, it rolls over and groans...."toooo sleeeeepy!"

Björn Rudberg said...

That blender - yes everything at once - that lake is for sure a little much of everything.

Grandmother (Mary) said...

That's quite a thought process... it's the bubble gum pink that did it.

Lolamouse said...

"A Disney princess riding a unicorn...in a blender!" Now, that is an image I would love to see! Thanks for the giggles!

Hannah said...

I love the images you bring and the tone, too, Mama Zen...delivered so well...thank you for joining the challenge! :)

kaykuala said...

Chuckles! Very lively and a very light-hearted take, MZ! Enjoyed the leisurely flow!

Hank

Fireblossom said...

Speaking as someone who has recently depended on Pepto quite a bit, I am in favor of pretty pink lakes. So is Uni.

Susie Clevenger said...

Love all the things the lake brought to your mind..I too have sought comfort in Pepto lately. Gotta love pink

Marian said...

i can so relate to this, MZ. :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

Strange what may spring to mind sometimes!

grapeling said...

grins, nods, listens to the rain pelt the roof ~