Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Factory Fumes

Unfolded wings, feathers
tattered and gold tipped

The factory fumes shrivel
my still breathing lungs

That bloody machine whos
crank I have pulled so many
times, only my last shreds of sanity
holding me back.

It's the device that takes the
colors from the youth of our
misinformed society

My once white hooves stained by
the blood and tears
of the taken who I have
captured and hurt by the
wish of my superiors

I heard the tones of
the writhing, dying souls and
the broken spirits

and when I try to sleep,
I can still hear it

So I sing my song like
the Pied Piper, I lure the
children like mice

Now I sing my sorrowful
tune

of the Pegasus Device.

A poem by ten year old Baby Puppy.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I think you have another writer in the family, MZ!! This is terrific!! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is very impressive! Well done.

Helen said...

Brava, Baby Puppy!!!

grapeling said...

from the mouths of babes... ~

Fireblossom said...

Omg WOW! I was stunned when I saw that this was Baby Puppy's work! (though I shouldn't have been...she's remarkable.)

The Pegasus Device is creepy and disturbing--too much for me, I'm afraid--but this poem captures the price to be paid in luring pegasi into it. It's dark, it's thought-provoking, and it carries a cautionary message. Awfully good, Baby Puppy!

Susan said...

I see I missed a lot growing up without knowing of the Pegasus Device! What horrors! And a great poem, no matter what age the writer. To know and tell that using the device hurts our lungs too, and all for rainbows and glitter.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Baby Puppy wrote this? Ten years old?

Let me see, I started blogging in 2008 and I found your blog then, 6 years ago, more or less. She was 4? You see, I can count. ;) I'm so totally blown away!

Just wonderful, Baby Puppy! :))

hyperCRYPTICal said...

So well done Baby Puppy. Much impressed!
Anna :o]