Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cassie

Gabur, Ghand Babul, Indian Medicinal Plant


Honey, heat, and cinnamon
linger everywhere she's been.
My hands, my hair, my lips, my skin
wear her like the rain.

She blooms deep in a whistle thorn tree,
and she's shred apart far better than me.
But I can keep secrets and quietly bleed
until only we two remain.

Editorial Note for Your Enjoyment:  In the language of flowers, acacia symbolizes secret love. Cassie flower absolute (Cassie) is extracted from the Acacia Farnesiana flower and used in several french perfumes.

For Kerry's Language of Flowers prompt at Real Toads

20 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Oh, how utterly beautiful, MZ. You have invoked womanly beauty so effectively in your description and woven in the secret thread with the lightest touch.

Marian said...

oh sigh.

Hannah said...

Yes, I join in this sigh...truly beautiful writing, Mama Zen and I love how you infused so creatively the facts that you found.

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

I love this poem. But as I have anosmia, it makes me a little sad.

Kay L. Davies said...

"Honey, heat and cinnamon..." oh yes, a sigh is the best response to this.
K

grapeling said...

yes, MZ grows flowers. I have compost.

Rachelle Smith Stokes said...

Wow..very interesting! This poem is totally secretive.

chamomile sea said...

The first two lines and the last one are particularly powerful.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Intriguing and romantic! Beautiful.

Loredana Donovan said...

Yours is my favorite in this bouquet of floral poems :)

Susie Clevenger said...

This is beautiful...I especially love your first verse.

Ella said...

Romantic and mysterious~
A heady combination

Grandmother (Mary) said...

Such a lovely, sensual poem.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful essence of a love story, bravo again mama Zen

Lolamouse said...

This is so sensual and gorgeous! From the first line, you had me!

Margaret said...

Truly sizzlin'.

Fireblossom said...

Really nicely done, Kelli.

Heaven said...

I specially love the opening lines ~ Beautiful MZ ~

Susan said...

"wear her like the rain"
We do--perfume and each other's scents, Imprinted permanently.

manicddaily said...

a lovely first stanza especially, but the whole wonderful. k.