Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gardener's Secret

Every day's a long day
when no one waits for you at night.
Every day's a long day
when no one waits for you at night.
Get no glory in the bedroom,
Lord, it sure does steal your shine.

Every cry is ugly
when your man done done you wrong.
Every cry is ugly
when your man done done you wrong.
Gotta weep like a woman scorned
when you tell the po-lice he up and gone.

Every crop's a bumper
when the soil is rich and right.
Every crop's a bumper
when the soil is rich and right.
A good gardener's got her secrets.
I plant dem bad seeds late at night.

8 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I saw that coming, oh yes I did! I know your style, MZ. ;-)

hedgewitch said...

'I'm livin the blues/every night without you..'.yeah, got to plant the seed if you want that crop to grow.

Brian Miller said...

haha guess he wont good fer nuthin, cause he makes good fertlizer...smiles...

Claudia said...

oh heck...laughing at bri's fertilizer comment...love the dialect and heck..be careful what you "plant" in your garden..smiles

Daydreamertoo said...

Oh, dat soil is rich alright!
LOL Great sing of the blues :)

Mary said...

You sing the blues with style, MZ!! Love this.

PattiKen said...

I love this. I can just hear a blues singer giving voice to your words.

rosemary mint said...

Ooh, love that first stanza and your ending.