Monday, May 7, 2012

The Notes Your Shrink Is Taking

Pt. appears anxious, reports poor sleep and disturbing dreams.

Some nocturnal activity with amnesia for events.

When asked to more closely examine dream content, pt. begins sporadic tongue click (repetitive behavior: note: non-self injurious: note: emotional conditioning / active amygdala response to memory).

With obvious reluctance, pt. reveals recurring dream of riding naked on a mastodon up a volcano to steal a cherry from a giant rook bearing an uncanny resemblance to his mother.

Freak.

Pick up milk.

For Shawna's Monday Melting

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

haha...if only my notes could reflect those feelings...lol

Shawna said...

So creative. :)

"riding naked on a mastodon up a volcano to steal a cherry from a giant rook bearing an uncanny resemblance to his mother"

I guess to someone who listens to this kind of stuff all day long, not even interesting dreams are interesting.

"Freak. ... Pick up milk." Perfect ending!

So glad you came out to play with this list.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do love your ending!! Makes sense to me!!!

Richard Cody said...

I don't have a shrink. But if I did, he wouldn't like my notes re: him.

Fred Rutherford said...

I love this.

Shawna said...

I like Richard Cody's comment. :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

Love the title of this piece, and when the note-taking all devolves into truth at the end. Classic.

Mark Windham said...

very cool take, ending perfect.

Fireblossom said...

Aw c'mon. The shrink had that very same dream just last week!

Quotes,Photos and a little Poetry said...

That was a blast to read, love your wit
http://leahjlynn.wordpress.com/ where mine is for this prompt

Anne Katherine said...

This is HILARIOUS!
I love the ending - "Pick up milk" - perfect.
And the dream - awesome!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

SO hilarious. Hmmmm.......I could write some pretty interesting notes myself, after the week I've put in. Hee hee.

hedgewitch said...

HA! Sometimes a cherry is just a cherry?

Lolamouse said...

Aw, Geez! I thought I shredded all of my notes before I left my psychology practice! Damn.

Margaret said...

Ha ha. I have called my husband when he is sewing up a patient and have given him a short grocery list. I kid you not. Love this.

Shawna said...

Just posted a bonus word list; pretty words this time. :)