Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Piles

Brendan over at Oran's Well put out the challenge to share our books and poet caves.  I'm a little late to the party, but here's where all of my nonsense ferments.

Can't you just feel the Zen?  That's a chameleon cage on the left.  The computer in this shot is pretty much a dedicated gaming computer.
Four gecko tanks and a turtle tank.  Baby Puppy's computer is just to the right of the tanks.  If you ever post something deliciously naughty and I fail to comment, it's probably because my daughter is sitting next to me playing Skyrim.

My work area.  I use two monitors; I'm so used to working that way that using only one completely throws me.  I think you can see my Buddy Jesus and my peace frog (peace frog adorns my truck also).  This is where I do my typing, email, and blog reading.  But, if I'm actually writing something, I write longhand and pace.

Meditation Spidey.

 My book shots didn't all come out, but here's one to prove that I have, indeed, been to hell and back . . .












learned to cook, read my mandatory Tolkien and Adams, and studied Gonzo faithfully.



And, I do occasionally read something besides smut.  But, not too often.




















So, are you gonna show me yours?

12 comments:

Fred said...

MZ, this was fun, thanks for sharing. I always find it neat to see other's work space. I'd post my own but it's soooooooo boring, just a desk with a mac.

I do have a rather extreme book collection but the shelves are all over the house and upstairs, would take too much walking around-lol and besides, the ones in my room are just encyclopedias and dictionaries:)

Thanks, really love your wall, I'm a bit of a comic geek myself and I love the display. Mine are, again boring, in the 300 count boxes. Sabretooth is awesome by the way

Brian Miller said...

nice..i am digging all the comic books on the walls for sure...have a few long boxes in the closet i pull out and read with the boys...

chromapoesy.com said...

So fantastic, I loved the behind the scenes (also a huge fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Thanks so much for the peek (Skyrim arrives here today!). In case you didn't already know you are SUPERCOOL!

Eric 'Bubba' Alder said...

Your Feng Shui is really funky, Mama Z! Love "Meditation Spidey"!

Brendan said...

Holy Gecko Cave, Batwoman -- Poets are the oddest ducks ... With walls so adorned who needs tats? ... Perversely related texts: "Remedies: Sixth Edition"; "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "The All New Joy of Cooking" ... Nice ass, I mean on your Old Gold Apache cigarette gal - is that what Spidey's meditating on? The costume jewelry on the monsters is a flawless touch ... And why am I not surprised to see what looks to be a Fireblossom post on your left monitor? Quite a sanctum to gestate and then launch those pocket rocket poems of yours ... THANKS! - Brendan

ayala said...

Nice..love meditation Spidey.

Caty said...

Now that is an awesome work space...and mine is absolutely boring...a desk and a Dell...maybe a few pics too :) and books, of course! I totally fell in love with meditation spidey!

Tara R. said...

That is a serious poet cave. I may not have a Spidey, but I do have a Black Knight from Monty Python.

Fireblossom said...

Oh gosh, I nearly missed this post! What a space. You're too cute by half.

And hey...whose blog is that? It looks familiar!

G said...

Very kewl woman's cave.

hedgewitch said...

How did I miss this??? Which aliens abducted me this time? This is so cool, MZ.Awesome looking gaming setup. And I love the walls. I also have that cookbook--there's a recipe in there for almost every food known to man. And it is indeed Zen that you share your refuge with the reptilians--(no not *those* reptilians--they promised never to take me again--something about warping the samples.) Loved this look at the outer manifestations of the inner poet and gamer. Thanks for posting and joining in the show and tell.

ñOCO Le bOLO said...


· Amazing photos.
Sorry my bad English. I hardly ever can read your posts.

· Salud·os

Tore Crystal & Absent Glance
________________________________
·